When we moved into our new home, one of the first items on my to-do list was to get our carpets cleaned. Definitely essential to start with a clean slate – you never know what happened to the carpets prior to your moving in!
Several of my friends have had positive experiences with EcoCarpet so I was excited to give them a try (Check out the reviews by Go Adventure Mom and Utah Sweet Savings - the before/after pics are awesome!) Our carpets are darker and didn’t have any noticeable stains so I was mostly looking forward to the the deep clean to give us a fresh start.
The representative from EcoCarpet gave us some great tips for maintaining our carpet.
1. Vacuum Regularly – This is an easy one for me because I feel like I am vacuuming daily with small children! Here are EcoCarpet’s recommendations:
Light Soil = 1x per week
Normal Soil (families with children) = 1 to 2x per week
Heavy Soil (families with pets, smoking) = 2 to 4x per week
Extreme Conditions (large families, multiple pets) = Daily
According to EcoCarpet, this is the most important step in maintaining your carpet! Removing dirt and soil from your carpet helps reduce scratching and wearing of carpet fibers! So put on the dancing music and best out the vacuum!
2. Professional Carpet Cleaning - There are some oily soils that just can’t be vacuumed away that build up over time and need to be professionally removed. The recommendation is having your carpet professionally cleaned using hot-water extraction every 6-12 months depending on usage. This is perfect for our family! Once at the end of summer to clear out anything that got tracked in during all that back yard play time and then once again in February. We seem to always catch a flu bug at least once January-March so it’s nice to have the deep clean!
3. Protect Your Investment - When you get your carpet professionally cleaned, be sure to ask about getting a carpet protectant applied to help prevent future damage from spills and general wear and tear in high traffic areas. Our dining room is carpeted so I made sure to have the carpet protectant applied there along with our major walk ways. The carpet protectant keeps spills from absorbing into the carpet as quickly. Major bonus!
I loved that EcoCarpet provided me with these tips! When I get my carpets cleaned, you better believe I want to keep them that way! Here is what I absolutely loved about having our carpets cleaned by EcoCarpet:
1. Easy to set up an appointment. I ended up having to reschedule our first appointment due to a change in closing dates and EcoCarpet responded quickly to both e-mails and phone calls throughout all our communication. Love the same-day response!
2. No-residue Natural Cleaning - EcoCarpet uses cleaning solutions that are safe for you and your carpet instead of harsh chemicals. Didn’t have to worry about keeping the kiddos away from the cleaning fumes! I also like the no-residue cleaning process that got my carpet cleaner. Two months later and the carpets are still looking good!
3. Thorough Cleaning - I was super impressed by the equipment that was used to clean our carpets. EcoCarpet advertises high quality equipment and I felt like that is what I got! I appreciated the wall guards that were used when the equipment was taken upstairs. I also loved that EcoCarpet left us with shoe booties to use until the carpet dried. The fans were also a major plus in helping the carpets to dry. The process was much more detailed and thorough than the carpet cleaner we usually borrow from our in-laws!
4. No-Pressure, Professional, Friendly Service - It was so important to me that the EcoCarpet representative took the time to ask me what our needs were and what we would like done. He let us know what services would meet our needs best without making us feel like we were being nickle and dimed. He was knowledgeable about the process and answered my many questions. The carpet cleaning itself was accomplished in the quoted time and EcoCarpet showed up right when they were supposed to. Love a company that values their customers time! I appreciated that the representative looked professional and wasn’t someone I was nervous having in my house and around my children.
5. Doesn’t Break the Bank - EcoCarpet is competitively priced and offers specials to its customers. Right now when you sign up for their newsletter, you can instantly get $25 off of your service. Plus they often have deals in the coupon packs that come in the mail. So be on the look out! EcoCarpet is worth every penny!
Be sure to follow EcoCarpet on their social media pages to find out about specials and giveaways!
EcoCarpet is located in Orem, Utah, and serves Salt Lake and Utah Counties. Give them a call at (801) 855-5696 to set up your appointment today! I am definitely pinning their web-site for when I need my couches and tile cleaned as well!
EcoCarpet provided me with carpet cleaning services for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own and I am so happy to recommend this company!