One of our favorite family New Year’s traditions is doing interviews with each of our children New Year’s Eve. We ask similar questions each year and their answers still make me giggle! If your kids are anything like mine, they love hamming it up for the camera. The interviews are a fun way to pass the time until midnight and they make a great keepsake for those babies who are growing up way to fast! Here is Lily’s interview from a few years ago – I can’t believe how much she has grown!
For the year in the video, we used these fun questions from this post by How Does She and then added a few of our own. Here are the questions. Feel free to modify and have fun with them!
1. What is your name?
2. How old are you?
3. What is your mom’s name?
4. What does your mom do during the day?
5. What is your dad’s name?
6. What does your dad do during the day?
7. What is your favorite color?
8. What is your favorite thing to eat?
9. What don’t you like to eat?
10. Who are your friends?
11. What is your favorite song? Can you sing it for me? ( PS The song at 2:00 in the video is my favorite!)
12. What are your siblings’ names?
13. Where is your favorite place to go?
14. What is your favorite thing to do?
15. What do you like about Mom? (Dad, brother, etc.)
16. What do you want to be when you grow up?
17. What does your sibling like to do?
18. What was the favorite toy you got for Christmas?
19. What do you like about yourself the most?
I also like these year end time capsule questions by Today’s Mama. I love that it has questions for the child and the parent! Maybe I will get in front of the camera this year, too, and share my favorite memories of the kiddos!
For more fun activities to do on New Years with children, check out my New Years Pinterest Board!
What does your family do for New Years?
Does your family like making home videos?