This is the niche of bloggers I want to sit down with a cup of hot chocolate and quiz the most. The mommy bloggers! Of course, many bloggers in other niches are also mothers and in similar situations. Where is the line drawn between blog and family or is it all jumbled together in a mutually beneficial heap of fun and hard work? As a blogger and a mother, this is the reason I started the A Day in the Life of a Blogger series. My curiosity at how a mom and a blogger juggles both roles lead me to teaming up with over 25 bloggers to give you this sneak peek.
1. If you live in Utah, Kim of UtahValleyMoms.com, SaltLakeMoms.com, and DavisCountyMoms.com is a person you want to follow! She’s my go to girl for events and if there is something fun happening in Utah, I can typically find out more about it on Kim’s web-site or her facebook page.
I had a blast participating in her instagram challenge for Chalk the Block at the Riverwoods last year. Utah Valley Moms doesn’t just tell you about the events, they give you great tips, too! I’ve always been too scared of the crowds on free zoo day so I was thrilled when Kim posted a video of the crowds to her instagram. Shhh … best time to go is in the morning!
Kim is one of the first bloggers I talked to about balancing mom/blog responsibilities while we were carpooling to an event. Not only does she give you an indepth look into her day, there’s a video, too! Find out what meal of the day Kim and I feel absolutely the same about and how she keeps her social media running smoothly throughout the day here.
2. Next up is Alicia from Crazily Normal. I love her perspective as a mom, a blogger, and a nurse. I’ve been brushing up on my instagram skills with her 10 Tips for Using Instagram More Effectively. There’s no time to waste so I am always up for tips that will make me more productive! Find out more about what a day looks like for a working mom and blogger here.
3. Katelyn from What’s Up Fagan’s keeps it real for us.Working on a blog from home with the help of our tiny assistants can get messy sometimes and this blogger is not afraid to share it. That’s life! She shares the Chore Chart that helps whip their house into shape and keep her on track. Find out what camera and back drop from Staples that she uses and how the rest of her day goes here.
4. This next blogger is one of my good friends and we just so happen to be related! I am excited to introduce you to Heidi of A Lively Hope. Heidi and I are second cousins who grew up going to family gatherings together, but lost touch a little in our teenage and young adult years. Through our blogs, we have been able to get back in touch and have been able to get together more – I love it! Heidi has so much to offer – she is a homeschooling mom of three with an etsy shop and a blog that details their adventures. Her journey with infertility, foster care, and adoption is a beautiful and inspiring read. See what a creative and family-filled day looks like for Heidi here. This is one mom I look to for modeling my families day!
5. Wonder what it is like to run FIVE businesses from home while simultaneously homeschooling five children under the age of 8? This mom from The Thrifty Couple does and she’ll give you a minute by minute breakdown of a day in their life. I’ll give you a hint – early hours and lots of multi tasking! Head on over and see how she keeps it all running. From the family’s favorite recipes to the genius container gardening ideas that I will be using this summer, the Thrifty Couple shares tips and tricks that I am excited to apply in my own life.
6. KT from The Proverbial House says so well what so many moms and bloggers feel. We’ve got big plans, but we don’t want to miss the precious moments of childhood either. I like what she shared about her schedule – she sets certain tasks that must happen each day. I tend to do this as well – tasks to accomplish works better for me than time slots. Click on the link or picture above to read her poignant thoughts and see her day!
7. I love the title of this blogger’s post: A Day in the Life: Leigh Ann (A Work-At-Home Mom Relying on Grace). Leigh Ann blogs at Intentional by Grace. I have her post about planning tools pinned and I am excited to look over them more. Click on the picture above or go to this link to read more about how grace plays a role in her daily life.
I hope you are loving these behind the scenes looks at bloggers as much as I am! Tomorrow will be Lifestyle Bloggers! Be sure to check out a day in the life of the rest of our blogger niches here: