Let’s be honest. It doesn’t take much to convince me that a Disney vacation is needed! Give me my mouse ears and I’ll be on my way. In case you do need an excuse to visit Disneyland in 2015, here are seven reasons you do not want to miss out! Plus – scroll down to get an AMAZING deal on Disneyland tickets.
1. It’s the Disneyland 60 Years Diamond Anniversary Celebration this year. Disney is pulling out all the sparkly-studded stops to celebrate 60 years from the grand opening on July 17, 1955. Sleeping Beauty Castle and Carthay Circle Theater in California Adventure will glisten and gleam with special Diamond Celebration enhancements.
2. Diamond Celebration Daily/Weekly Disney Prize Winners. Once in a life-time experiences! Disney has surprises in store that are sure to make the guests eyes sparkle as well! Starting May 22, unique in-park experiences will be awarded to some lucky Disneyland Resort Guests. These same-day prizes include VIP experiences such as individualized tours of the parks, preferred viewing for evening entertainment experiences, and priority access to select attractions.
In addition, Disneyland Diamond Days will offer weekly chances to win amazing prices like a private party in Fantasyland, authentic diamonds custom-engraved for the celebration, a tailgate party in Cars Land, and – for the Cinderella fans – a clear-crystal Cinderella slipper adorned with a diamond and topaz pendant!
As if it couldn’t get more exciting for Disney fans, some lucky guests will win an overnight stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite along with a 1-carat white Disney Diamond. The Disneyland Dream Suite is a magical private apartment above the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction in New Orleans Square of Disneyland Park. Staying in that suite is on my Disney bucket list so you know I’ll be entering to win! You can find all of the exciting details for all of these prizes for Disney Diamond Days here. The fun begins May 22nd.
3. The Iconic Electrical Light Parade. Disney is bringing back the famous nighttime parade with a new twist – the Paint the Night Parade. I adored this parade as a child and took my youngest to see it before it left California Adventure in 2010. Thrilled that it is back with some of children’s favorite Disney and Pixar characters from Monster’s Inc, Toy Story, and Cars!
4. Dazzling Diamond Celebration updates to World of Color. Look for some new adaptions to the California Adventure World of Color as part of the celebration. I’m thinking I need one of those magical hats that coordinate with the show as well!
5. Upgraded Attractions – Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, and the Matterhorn. Long-time Disney fans are most excited for the return of the Hat Box Ghost to Haunted Mansion. This classic ghostly ghoul was only in the Haunted Mansion for a year and will be returning after a 45 year absence. The Matterhorn Bobsleds have been closed since January and are set to reopen in May. Rumor has it there may be a revamped abominable snowman! Be on the lookout for some reimagining on the iconic setpieces of Peter Pan’s Flight as well.
6. Discounted Disneyland Resort Tickets – up to $18 per ticket off. I’m always on the look out for Disney deals! To celebrate the Diamond Anniversary, my friends at Get Away Today are lowering the price of their already discounted tickets so that you can save up to an additional $18 per ticket! This offer is good for travel any time in 2015, but you have to book now by clicking over on this link! This offer ends May 2nd. Check out all the deals on park-hopper tickets here. This deal can be combined with Get Away Today’s hotel specials as well – including 20 percent off your stay or getting your third/fourth/or fifth night FREE certain nights! Plus save $10 off your package by using a special code only for my readers – KMFWM
7. My #1 Reason: My children are growing up too fast! I’ve never regretted taking my children to Disney. It’s been worth every penny scrimped and saved. They are only little once and I love seeing their joy whenever we go – so many good memories! Let’s be real – it costs a pretty penny so that’s why I share the amazing deals above from Get Away Today with you. Be sure to check out my other posts about how I saved for our Walt Disney World vacation last year! It is DOABLE!
What are you most excited to see at Disneyland this year?
How do you save for Disney?
This post contains affiliate links.